Monday, June 28, 2010

We Are Pregnant!

Steve and I have been trying to naturally conceive baby #2 for the past five years. We finally did it! (ha)

I had completely given up hope that it was ever going to happen and in November of last year I had finally given away all the baby stuff that I had saved of Jacob's.

We are so excited!!

We have chosen a midwife team and are going to have a wonderful home birth!

Jacob already knows and he is excited to tell everybody that he is going to be a big brother. He is also excited to be here during the birth. One of his first questions was "Do I get to be here when the baby is born?".

The new baby is due February 1st of 2011. I am 11 weeks along as of today.

The sex of the baby will most likely be a complete surprise because I will not have any medical intervention including an ultra sound. My midwife does offer the option to get an ultrasound, I just haven't decided on that yet.

I think this will all finally seem real in about 6 more weeks when I can actually feel the baby moving and I start to get the big belly! I am looking forward to that part! So far the first trimester has been a little rough. I'm fine I just feel very "ugh". Which is what Steve now so loving refers to the new baby as ... Ugh. He said to Jake today "Don't jump on mommy, Ugh doesn't like it".

I am trying to embrace every part of this pregnancy even the "ugh" so I can fully enjoy the experience. This will be our last and we are so thankful for this amazing opportunity to have one more child!

2 comments:

Sheridy said...

Your so awesome!! Don't say it is your last because you could get a nice surprise in another 5 years. Way excited for you Good luck I hope that all goes well.

Just Craptastic... said...

I think "Ugh" is a splendid name for the baby! LOL!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet baby "Ugh"! Hehehe!