Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I am so happy and grateful that I can do dishes.

In order to follow along with my goal of being happy and grateful for the things I have I am going to explain why I am happy and grateful that I can do dishes.

I have the physical ability to stand at the sink and wash dishes. I have a house with a sink and clean hot running water to wash them in. I have detergent that kills germs so I can eat off clean dishes after I hand wash them without getting sick. I have a dishwasher that is leaking and causing water damage to the sub floor which has forced me to find great joy in a job well done as I stand in front of my sink staring at all the beautifully hand washed dishes. I am also happy and grateful that I have multiple people in my home that enjoy using several extra dishes every day, thus multiplying my dish washing joy.

According to my landlord sometime after the new year I will have new reasons to be happy and grateful for a functioning dishwasher. I am happy and grateful that I have that joy to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

While I can believe you are mostly sincere, I also detect a certain level of sarcasm . . . don't I? :)

If my kids were healthy we'd come over and wash dishes for you--Megan actually asks for dishes to wash when she's bored. Maybe Jacob will wash some for you!!

May your dishwasher arrive soon, and in the mean time, may your dishpan hands be soft.