Monday, November 10, 2008

Over the Weekend


This weekend we visited Steve's parents. Jacob loves spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa. It is visible in their expressions as well that they also love spending time with him. We played board games and ran around the house. For breakfast one morning Grandma made an L shaped pancake for Jake per his request.


We took a car ride on Saturday to go visit Steve's 2 sister's who live only about an hour away from his parents. Jacob loves visiting with family but he is only four ... so his favorite memory of visiting with his aunts and cousins were of the dogs he got to play with and the "nice little girl", her nickname is Addy (I think I spelt that right). She is one of Jacob's 2nd cousins.


As grandparents should Jacob's devoted almost all of their attention to him all weekend so on Sunday when it was time to head home Jacob of course did not want to go. In the car on the way home you would here from the back sit "I love Grandma and Grandpa you know." Steve or I would take turns and reply "Yeah we know, we love them too."


Sunday night when we were resting on the couch Jacob turned and said to Steve and I "Grandma gets really happy when I give her hugs ... big hugs ... she's silly, I love her." Then he giggled and went back to playing with his transformers. It is funny how random thoughts just come out of children. I love it when he does that. It makes me very happy to know that he has such wonderful and happy things running around inside his head.


Steve has built a laptop table out of scrap wood we had around the house. We do not own a belt sander yet so we took the table to his parents to finish it with some of their tools. It is a great table and is custom fitted for us. We are going to stain the wood and then put a varnish over the whole thing. I'm sure we could have gone to the store and purchased some fancy factory made laptop tray that would have worked just fine ... but I like this one better. Steve made it and had a good time during the project and it was free because we recycled scraps from other projects.


I was able to find a pair of jeans I like and generally do nothing during the weekend. I like that ... doing nothing that is. :)


We had a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Boy, time flies--that weekend seems like such a long time ago! ;)

I'm jealous; our grandparents are sooooo far away.

What a fun project for Steve. Scott likes to build too. We are so lucky to have such manly, building men! :)