Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What time is it? (Michelle)

It is 4:??am and I am still awake. My schedule is seriously jacked up ... again. In just a few hours Steve will wake up and head to work. Shortly after that Jacob will wake up and demand that I perform my motherly duties of feeding and caring for him ... regardless of how little sleep I have had.
So this is how my day will go. I will be awakened by a very cute and hungry four year old. He will most likely get out of bed go potty then come stand by my side of the bed and stare at me for a minute or two. Then he will climb into the bed and sit on my stomach or side depending upon how I'm laying there. At that time he will put his face right next to mine and say "Mother wake up I'm hungry and I need to watch cartoons." Those who know me are aware that none of the climbing or sitting on me actually woke me up. It is not until he actually speaks to me that I wake up. Notice in the quotes the word Mother. For some reason Jake has started calling me mother. He thinks its funny and I don't really mind ... it just sounds kinda weird sometimes.

After I drag myself out of bed I will feed my child and put myself on the sofa for a nap. Jake will take his seat either on my hip or on my legs as I snooze for about an hour and he watches Noggin. I will force myself to actually stand up and get back to work having only had about three hours of decent sleep and one hour of being used as a breakfast table and cartoon lounger.

I don't try to do this to myself I have just gotten into a really bad sleeping pattern. And I'm sure the Pepsi I drank after dinner didn't help much. My body is confused about what time it is and where it should be ... which at night is in bed.

Well hopefully I can get this worked out ... If not maybe I should get a night job ... I'm up anyway :)

No comments: